Navigating Hard-To-Prove Disabilities
You certainly did not choose the physical or mental disability that prevents you or a loved one from working, but you can choose a lawyer committed to helping you get the Social Security Disability benefits you need.
Every day across Michigan, thousands of people coping with severe disabilities consider applying for Social Security Disability benefits. Many more consider what to do about claims for benefits that have been denied. At Babut Law Offices, PLLC, a longstanding firm with four offices in the Detroit metro and surrounding areas of our state, we are here to help, beginning with a free case evaluation.
Questions that Social Security Administration (SSA) evaluators ask and answer to determine your eligibility for benefits include:
- Are you currently working?
- Is your condition severe enough to interfere with basic work activities?
- Is your illness, injury or impairment on the Social Security Administration’s list of disabling medical conditions — or equal in severity to a condition on this list?
- Can you work in your prior or existing occupation — or adjust to and perform any other work?
A Record Of Success With Challenging Disability Claims
As you can see, decisions factoring into your claim are complex and far from black-and-white. How medical evidence and other facts in your favor are presented can make all the difference — especially if you suffer from a disability that does not specifically appear on the SSA list. Our attorneys take on legitimate, challenging appeals associated with hard-to-prove physical and mental disabilities such as:
- Fibromyalgia, as well as carpal tunnel syndrome and other “syndromes” widely known and considered disabling but often difficult to diagnose
- Other painful and degenerative physical disabilities such as those arising from back injuries
- Mental disorders including depression
- Combinations of multiple physical and mental impairments that, together, make it impossible for you to work
Contact Us For Experienced Case Insights
With decades in practice and hundreds of successful DIB and SSI appeals behind us, our attorneys have tremendous insight into your eligibility and how best to proceed in your quest for benefits. You will owe no attorney fees unless we take your case and earn an approval for you. To meet with a knowledgeable and caring lawyer in Ypsilanti, Taylor, Jackson or Adrian, please call 517-768-0187 or email our firm today.